CAMBA Trail System
Welcome to the adventure of mountain biking in the Lake Superior region. The Chequamegon Area Mountain Bike Association (CAMBA) off-road bike trail system consists of over 300 miles of marked and mapped routes through a near-wilderness area of striking beauty and peaceful solitude.
Area cyclists have created the award-winning CAMBA Trail System to make this vast, unique area available to everyone. We hope you enjoy the riding and join with us in preserving this resource. Remember, if you are consistently leaving anything greater than a shallow tire tread (approximately 1/4 inch deep), you should probably not be on the trails. Here is a link to all of the different types of trails that CAMBA has to offer.
New single track trails have been built at Mt. Ashwabay in northern Bayfield County over the past couple of years with more under construction!
Enjoy the trails - ride safe - have fun.
Bayfield County offers some of the most scenic riding in the Midwest - and there are no stoplights, not one! It's the second largest county in Wisconsin and half of the land is in public ownership (including the ultra-scenic Apostle Islands).
New Apostle Islands Area Bicycle Map (PDF) featuring 20 scenic road route in Bayfield & Ashland Counties.
Here are some popular routes for road biking:
- Central and Southern Bayfield County Bicycle Route Map (PDF)
- Road Routes Near Bayfield (PDF)
- Brinks Road / Forest Road 236
- City of Washburn Bike Routes (PDF)
- Superior Vistas Bike Tour Routes
- Fat Bike Birkie (March)
- Cable Area Off-Road Classic (May)
- CAMBA Festival of Trails (May)
- Superior Vistas Bike Tour (June)
- Grandview Firehouse 50 (August)
- Chequamegon Fat Tire Festival (September)
- Fall Color Rides (September)